Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Lee and I’m here, because I’m not all there, at least that’s what my wife says...lol

Seriously though, I finally have another first gen car, so here I am to say hello...
I have previously owned a 69 and a few Chevelle’s, I live in the heart of the Permian Basin, Odessa, Tx.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Welcome to TC! Lots of great people and info here

·
Super Moderator
32,451 Posts
Welcome, Lee, to the club.
A warning as you will be asked for pictures. Enjoy the site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, Lee, to the club.
A warning as you will be asked for pictures. Enjoy the site.
Thank you and as soon as I find another pic hosting site, I will get some loaded, I have the body tag pics too, I had been after this car for a long time and it’s kind of an odd build.
It’s a LA built, marina blue, RS/SS, L35, TH400, bench seat, column ****, bright blue interior car, it’s been sitting for a long time.
I don’t have the original 396, but I do have a TH400 and someone had converted it to a 4 speed at some point.
I do have an almost complete LS6, the block isn’t original, but everything else is there minus the intake, it’s a leftover from my Chevelle days...

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,527 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan! I have a true SS396 car and I am torn about updating to a LS because it has a 396 in it, even tho it is not the original.

Brett.....

·
13,989 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan! I have a true SS396 car and I am torn about updating to a LS because it has a 396 in it, even tho it is not the original.

Brett.....
I think he has a BBC LS6?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Brett.....
Howdy fellow Texan, the LS6 that I have is an old 70 model BBC, I will stay Mk IV big block, it may not be original, but externally most people can’t tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,527 Posts
Howdy fellow Texan, the LS6 that I have is an old 70 model BBC, I will stay Mk IV big block, it may not be original, but externally most people can’t tell the difference.
Ahh, so that is quite a bit better than a 396. That is a good alternative. I am considering Multi-port EFI but it is hard to justify the cost.
I use ImageShack for posting pics.
Brett....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That’s how it sits now, I’ve had it for several years, just haven’t had the room to move it home, I’m working on that too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts