Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy looked at a Hugger orange Z/28 with green interior car today.
Trim tag is: 723 72 72. Has any one seen another like it? He says that it doesn't look as bad as you might think. It is a VN car so there are no x codes. All the z stuff is there but he is looking for more proof that the car is a Z and not a clone. He was unable to locate a build sheet. Question: Do the california cars have the chalked x-codes on the rear bulkhead?

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
If the eyesight is not good then you could pass it off for a black interior to yourself. Someone brought this question up a while back, they either were looking at a car like this or had one, etc. If thats what the tag says then I guess its true, let me see , what famous football team has those colors? Might pull the gas tank down, if its never been off, it could be there or under the seats, carpets , or maybe even headliner? I hear stories of guys stumbling on these now and then.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My buddy looked at a Hugger orange Z/28 with green interior car today.
Trim tag is: 723 72 72. Has any one seen another like it? He says that it doesn't look as bad as you might think. It is a VN car so there are no x codes. All the z stuff is there but he is looking for more proof that the car is a Z and not a clone. He was unable to locate a build sheet. Question: Do the california cars have the chalked x-codes on the rear bulkhead?
No bulkhead X codes at Van Nuys.
Has the top of the gas tank been checked?
Doug

·
Premium Member
6,761 Posts
I would like to see a pic of that tag if possible.

·
Registered
862 Posts
With out the build sheet no way to prove it. I have a 1969 ElCamino trim tag is 72 72 and it was built in KC with the "L" on it. Without the build sheet I tell everyone I'm 90% sure it is a SS and it has all the right stuff to be a real SS. And I just had it repainted under the old paint it was orange.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.