Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
I remember most all of that stuff, except the Sears book for me was middle to late 60's. I like the 2 digit gas pump. Noone thought gas would exceed 99.9 per gal. Here in Calif those stations that still had them changed the pump sale to half gallon increments.

I'm 56 so I don't remember a lot of them, but I do remember using moms wringer washer for a good chunk of my childhood. Grew up with rotary wall phone on a party line as well.

Wow...I got an "A" on that test. And I even remember when an A was really an A! I still look for vintage Sears clodhoppers on Mecari.

I kept a rotary phone going for longer than most. Finally gave up the twisted pair. My 20-somethings are probably the only kids that know how to use one.

I still may upload some pics of my strangely extensive ViewMaster collection...

P.S. That is a good looking Electrolux!

My sister's used that Dippity Doo stuff and I used the Butch wax to keep the front of my flat top haircut standing straight up. If I tried that today, there would be considerably less flat top standing up. And somehow the color changed to white. Bet it was that darn Butch I use to use LOL.

Also, remember when our moms would patch those worn out knees in or jeans? Now a day's you pay extra for all those ripped, faded, worn out cut/frayed jeans. Bought them long and turned up the cuff, we did! Cut them off and made shorts afterwards.

And do you remember the Red Ball Jets and the PF Flyers? "Run Faster, Jump Higher".

I do remember most all of it! I'm a caveman! The Sears Christmas Toy Catalog...WOW, what a memory. I couldn't wait to get my hands on that. I selected a few things, and GOT NOTHING!. I was, and still am, scarred for life!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned lawn darts. What in the world could go wrong with that? I had them but somehow survived...by dumb luck I'm sure.
I just found a set of those last week while clearing up some space in the attic. We use to stand back away from the circle and throw them like darts instead of flipping them up in the air to the clouds and hoping nothing went wrong. Either way, a bad toy to be playing around with. I think they were outlawed many years ago and production was forced to stop.

Kinda off the original theme, but the stupidest stunt, well one of them was pedaling a bicycle as fast as possible and slamming on those coaster breaks a few inches before a steel beer can and trying to control the longest slide.
I held the record……for the most stitches.
The 60s were great if you were the right age, but I guess you could say that about any decade.

Kinda off the original theme, but the stupidest stunt, well one of them was pedaling a bicycle as fast as possible and slamming on those coaster breaks a few inches before a steel beer can and trying to control the longest slide.
I held the record……for the most stitches.
The 60s were great if you were the right age, but I guess you could say that about any decade.
Yep, what about the old skateboards with metal wheels. Smallest rock would send you tumbling.

We used to shoot arrows with one feather in the air and no one got impaled. Dumbass youths.
That's awesome. We used to have BB gun battles with the only "safety" rule being no more than 3 pumps of the air rifle. Outside of an embedded BB in a friend's elbow, no serious injuries. lol Yes, we were idiots but we had fun.

Ahhhh. The good ole days when our parents let us take our licken's so we could keep on ticken. Well, to be honest, they didn't know the half of it! He He.

Gosh….i remember the paper roll blast caps ….and the heck with loading them in the cap gun. Grab Dad‘s hammer and whack a full roll on the concrete. Imagine the horror of that today
Yep, you couldn't hear for an hour and the crap in your eyes made you blind too! Then it was on to pipe bombs. Lucky to still have our fingers. The lawn darts went away when twister showed up and you played with the girls in the neighborhood.

Now, who has some at that "old" stuff ?

An old vacuum I picked up years ago with all of the accessories. Put on a new power cord and it works fine.

View attachment 286021

And an old intercom system seen inside the Busch Mansion on the Grant's Farm Property:

View attachment 286022
I used one of those vacuums to paint my first car in the driveway. I see the paint gun in the photo.

Yep, you couldn't hear for an hour and the crap in your eyes made you blind too! Then it was on to pipe bombs. Lucky to still have our fingers. The lawn darts went away when twister showed up and you played with the girls in the neighborhood.
I still have a major loss of hearing in my right ear. Those things were sure loud.

I used one of those vacuums to paint my first car in the driveway. I see the paint gun in the photo.
Did it do a decent job ?.

I couldn't believe there were all of the attachments that could be used with it.

Liquid Drinkware Shelf Fluid Mason jar

Drinkware Mason jar Food storage containers Material property Artifact

Tool Metalworking hand tool Line Bicycle part Font

Jim

My sister's used that Dippity Doo stuff and I used the Butch wax to keep the front of my flat top haircut standing straight up. If I tried that today, there would be considerably less flat top standing up. And somehow the color changed to white. Bet it was that darn Butch I use to use LOL.

Also, remember when our moms would patch those worn out knees in or jeans? Now a day's you pay extra for all those ripped, faded, worn out cut/frayed jeans. Bought them long and turned up the cuff, we did! Cut them off and made shorts afterwards.

And do you remember the Red Ball Jets and the PF Flyers? "Run Faster, Jump Higher".
Those ripped up clothes have to be made because there are no jobs left where one would rip up their clothes nor would they get worn long enough to wear through. Kids these days have more clothes than I wore in a lifetime.

Those ripped up clothes have to be made because there are no jobs left where one would rip up their clothes nor would they get worn long enough to wear through. Kids these days have more clothes than I wore in a lifetime.
Always liked the Wrangler Angler jeans and shorts. Have one pair of each still presentable and one pair of jeans that can be converted to shorts. Everything else is trashed. Tried to order ne ones but they discontinued them. Bummer.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.