Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid question, but I will give it a shot. I need to remove my hurst shifter so I can pull the motor and tranny. I removed the shifter boot today and was looking at where the shifter is connected to the tranny. I'm not sure exactly where the shifter is attached? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
Hi...what car is it in? If its a factory unit, say for a 1st generation Camaro, then you can remove the handle from the shifter by inserting a thin piece of metal, similar to a feeler gauge, where the handle mates to the shifter body, and you can pull the engine/trans without removing the shifter, or if its aftermarket, remove the 2 bolts that hold the handle to the shifter, or just simply unbolt the shifter rods/levers from the trans and 2 bolts that hold the body to the tail cone. Real simple. Just take your time and if you can, take a picture before hand to help in reinstallation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.