Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post in this forum and I wanted to say thanks for all the great information on this site. I recently began rebuilding the front end on my dad's 69' Camaro and the information contained in this site has made this process much easier than expected especially considering I had no experience working on cars until diving into this project.

We are going to do a disc conversion on the car and it has a 454 and 11 inch brake booster. The problem of course is that the current brake booster gets in the way of removing the valve covers so we are try to solve that problem by either installing a 9" power brake booster or a hydro boost brake system from Talon Hydraulics.

1) Does anyone have experience with the 9" booster will I get the same performance as I did with 11" booster. What's the downside to the smaller booster size?

2) Does anyone use a hydro boost system. I was referred to this company by Wilwood just trying to figure out if it is worth the extra money. Are there other recommended companies?

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
An 8" dual or 9" single loses about 15% total brake pressure versus a single 11". A dual 9" should be right with a single 11". If your brakes worked good with your amount of vacuum and the 11" there's not much justification for the expense of a hydroboost. Yes, they do kick *** though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information it sounds like I could go either way with the installation and be in good shape. For some reason I'm drawn to the hydra boost brakes but need to decide if I want to incurr the cost. I'll definitly check out hydratech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts