Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After numerous tries with small boosters, different M/C 's and pads, I went with a hydroboost for my 70 Nova SS.
What a great system BUT, the when the brakes are applied, the brake pedal stays down and SLOWLY returns. After I take my foot off the brake pedal, the brakes stay locked for about 2 seconds before the pedal raises back up
I followed the installation step by step.
Is anyone else thats running a hydroboost setup experienced this ?
Any suggestions ?
Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cottonpicker,

One of the guys who works at Hydratech Braking Systems post here Pro-touring.com . I bet he can answer your question.

good luck

bob spears

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove the car last night for a while and it seems to be getting better. I spoke to Paul this morning and he said that it is not abnormal for this to happen and will get better as I drive within 500 miles It is staring to get better already.
I cant tell everyone how happy I am with the system. I spent alot parts trying to get the damn thing to stop and nothing worked. I couldnt go back to a full booster because of clearance problems.
If I knew then what I knew now, I would have gone with the hydroboost right off the bat. The system looks great and even got complimnets about it at a local cruise.
Anyone who is experiencing problems with braking should definately call Paul at Hydratech and order the system.
Now I have to get use to pedal pressure since I am use to using both feet to stop. The stopping ability is unbelieveable.
If anyone is interested in the looks of the system installed, email me and I will forward a photo of it installed.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Don't know a thing about hydroboost, so this is my question. In the event of a hydraulic hose breakage, does the system works, as the vacuum assisted system works without vacuum? Easier, harder?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I was told by others and Paul, if the car stalls, there is enough pressure stored in the hydroboost for at least 2 stops. Not sure about if a hose breaks. But, even if the system fails, you have manual brakes, just not assisted.
I am not to worried about breakage because he uses a very high quality braided hoses for the pressure lines.
Hope this helps
you can reach him at www.hydroboost.com

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had my car die at about 120 mph, and the brakes worked great the first two pumps or so. Then as the reserve was used up, I had a hard pedal. If I would have kept my foot in it instead of modulating, I would have had power assist until I came to a stop.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hopefully I will be able to get my going soon. I think my master cylinder is leaking internally. The pedal never gets firm, so I bought a new one and I am dying to try it out

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Many of the units have a reserve pressure unit. It's the cylindrical piece that looks like it's hanging off the side. Mine has this, and even after 30 days sitting in the garage it still had enough reserve to stop the car with one toe.

If a hose broke there would still be 2-3 stops available in the reserve system. If the reserve system failed then that's another story. With 13"/12" PBR's and Hawk pads I can stop the car without the booster but I have to really step on 'em hard.

There is supposed to be a new booster that has this feature added internally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts