Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 Camaro with a BB which has around 12" of vacuum at an idle. The car is a 4 wheel disc brake car with an 8" booster. The brakes work decent, but if you apply them a couple of times or ease into the brakes you get a hard pedal. I'm considering going to a hydroboost setup. I already have my ps lines running along the inner fender, so that's where I would run the additional line as well. In researching hydroboost, they are available with the unit rotated towards the fender. Is that necessary with the first gen camaro? If I used a hydroboost in the normal configuration, wouldn't it make for a fairly straight run from the hydroboost to the ps box? Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
This is the best photo I have of mine - hope it helps answer your question. The braided line and rubber line on the inner fender are pressure and return to the hydroboost.

This is the pressure line from the hydroboost to the steering box.

The factory return line from the PS box is factory. The HB return line tees into it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had HydraBoost on my 67 with BB and Tall ValveCovers!
No rotating needed!

There are one Pressure-hose going from pump to Booster and one from booster to SteeringBox.
There is also returnline from both Steering box and Booster!

PS: i removed my Booster, going for VacuumBooster!
The brakes was extremely good, BUT it felt like i had no feeling with the brakes!
One sneeze and you locked the Brakes! Not my cup of Tea!

Im also around 12" vacuum at idle! If i get the same problem, ill rather make myself a Vacuum Reservoir after the Check-Valve!

LarsPerformance

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had HydraBoost on my 67 with BB and Tall ValveCovers!
No rotating needed!

There are one Pressure-hose going from pump to Booster and one from booster to SteeringBox.
There is also returnline from both Steering box and Booster!

PS: i removed my Booster, going for VacuumBooster!
The brakes was extremely good, BUT it felt like i had no feeling with the brakes!
One sneeze and you locked the Brakes! Not my cup of Tea!

Im also around 12" vacuum at idle! If i get the same problem, ill rather make myself a Vacuum Reservoir after the Check-Valve!

LarsPerformance
X2 or a right cam with the right valve events.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts