Team Camaro Tech banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hey guys - Finally got all the parts in and started this Job. 1st issue (again) is clearance with my headers. I was able to add a few washers and angle the unit up a but to get the lines off the header tube BUT, its still close. My question is - do yall think it will be ok? I am sure the heat from that header tube will warm up the line. That one tube is wrapped because it akways is in the way and touching plug wires... Its actually closest right at the metal bent in the fitting that screws into the booster. I prolly got 1/16" clearance? I would call POL but I tried that yesterday and got NO help and honestly gave me the wrong info about a fitting! I had to change the return line that comes straight out of the unit into a 90 because of clearance issues and they did not have an option for that and did not offer any help. I honestly am disappointed after that call yesterday. I just hope the system works properly when its all done. I assume Power steering fluids gets Hot anyways - Just not sure how hot it too hot??? I could slide one of those plug wire insulators over that line to help shield it a little?

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
"Turn One recommends 275º F as a maximum fluid temperature, as measured in the reservoir."

I use techflex on my power steering lines

·
Registered
136 Posts
A picture would be worth thousands of words. There should be any of a number of ways to solve this because of space constraints....but without seeing it
It’s far too subjective I think. It might be my limited IQ too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe wrong info, too late....Rather than make a mess in an already crowded engine bay, why not correct possible cam, timing, stall converter
issues ?

A 496/650 with vacuum for brakes should be easy.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
A picture would be worth thousands of words. There should be any of a number of ways to solve this because of space constraints....but without seeing it
It’s far too subjective I think. It might be my limited IQ too.
I was working on it =) this is the clearance after the washers were added.

This is the other fitting I had to find a replacement for, no longer an issue but here are some pics.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Maybe wrong info, too late....Rather than make a mess in an already crowded engine bay, why not correct possible cam, timing, stall converter
issues ?

A 496/650 with vacuum for brakes should be easy.
its not a tuning issue. Its a big cam low vacuum issue

·
Registered
136 Posts
That’s a good approach to turning 90 degrees.
A banjo is the tightest way to turn 90 deg and that’s just the spitter...very low volume and pressure, so sealing a banjo should not be an issue.
looks like you’ve about got it solved.
Good stuff!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That’s a good approach to turning 90 degrees.
A banjo is the tightest way to turn 90 deg and that’s just the spitter...very low volume and pressure, so sealing a banjo should not be an issue.
looks like you’ve about got it solved.
Good stuff!
DUDE - That Banjo would be awesome - I would defiantly gain clearance that way! What boost system do you have? Can you tell me where to get those Banjo fittings? I would only need 1 I think. Please let me know.

My Main issue is the 1st Pic. I want to gain more room between that fitting and the header pipe

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don’t really have a lot of confidence in this stuff but it is steel and the low pressure stuff should be fine but high pressure would likely be better with copper crush washers.... it was the best I could do at the time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Oh .....and that’s a POL or something like that
I’m not quite myself at the moment......I just help deliver 3 premature Yorkies that aren’t going to make it through the night, so my apologies for inadequate information.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Dang, thats awesome, ima call CPP tomorrow and see whats up. Those are awesome for tight spots

41 - 54 of 54 Posts