Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am new here and have few days to buy and collect parts before car shipped overseas!

The car is 1969 ss with blue and white strips 502ci 6speed. (I can not post link)

what I like to do in priority order:

1- Original-look stereo unit with modern features + as many speakers as it can handle.
2- Heat and sound isolation (heat isolation is prioritised).
3- 3-points retractable seatbelt.
4- cruise control

for the stereo I found rickscamaros.com/camaro-radio-am-fm-reproduction-1969

heat and sound isolation, I do believe in the concept and science found on this website (sounddeadenershowdown dot com)but unfortunately they closed down. what other options uses the same concept?

any input and links are appreciated.

(I know all these subjects already has been discussed, but I am new and time for car pick up is closing. I would like to get all the parts with the car in the same container).

thanks

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
To install sound deadener, you will have to remove the interior. Dynomax, Hushmat are a couple of good products. 4 speakers should do the trick with a good amplifer. Pioneer makes good products. 2 6x9's on the rear shelf and 5 1/4 in the front kick panels with a 10 or 12 inch subwoofer in the trunk. With an amp for it and one for the other 4. I have this set up totaling 2000 amps and it rattles the Sheetmetal!! I have a pioneer stereo unit up front with all the bells and whistles in the place where the old one was. Less expensive and much better than what is offered in a 2 shaft unit. . . .used both for a comparison. I have another 69 with the unit in the glove box with a remote.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
My Pioneer was $99 and it has a remote and a CD player and is compatible with my 2 amps and 6 speakers with Bluetooth etc. Looks great in the car to boot.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Nice car-have fun with it.:thumbsup:

·
15,228 Posts
I would expect for the price of the car things like sound deadening and an audio system would already have been done?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts