Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I redlined it and then some.. 6300 rpm burnout, floated the valves.. and now I've got a vibration.. no knocking or tapping or rattles.. but a definite vibration in the driveline or engine... I eased it home, temps and oil pressure was still good, but, you can tell something isn't right.
Not even going to look at it tonight, just walk away.. tomorrow... I'll look tomorrow, maybe.

·
15,491 Posts
bent valve. hope no piston damage.

Do you not have a rev limiter?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news is.. I have Brodix heads on order (since 4/27) and the new pistons are already here

·
20,510 Posts
Ouch !!!

Vibration just while driving or in park also ?
Had a vibration at around 2000-3000 and after a lot of searching.... found a broken valve spring (just the outer).

Hope it's something stupid simple...good luck.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Every EFI system I know has rev limit capability.

Does yours not have that function or did you not program it in?
Considering I don't know the first thing about programing the EFI, NO, I did not program it in. I had a shop do a tune the other day and that question never came up.

·
15,491 Posts
Well. Imho that’s pretty basic tuning 101

·
Registered
452 Posts
You need to determine if issue is with engine or drivetrain. Pull the valve covers and look closely at valves, heights and springs.

John Force burnouts can also cause driveline issues - u-joints can be an issue, easy to check.

You going to a new cam with the new Brodix heads? Should be a beast.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to determine if issue is with engine or drivetrain. Pull the valve covers and look closely at valves, heights and springs.

John Force burnouts can also cause driveline issues - u-joints can be an issue, easy to check.

You going to a new cam with the new Brodix heads? Should be a beast.
Was hoping to stay with the same cam since it's a Straub Hyd Roller

·
Registered
1968 Camaro 1975 camaro
348 Posts
6300 shouldn't hurt much, have you reved the engine in park/neutral to see if it's still there?

I've taken my 489 to 6500 with my hydraulic roller cam and 7k with a sft

·
Registered
13 Posts
I redlined it and then some.. 6300 rpm burnout, floated the valves.. and now I've got a vibration.. no knocking or tapping or rattles.. but a definite vibration in the driveline or engine... I eased it home, temps and oil pressure was still good, but, you can tell something isn't right.
Not even going to look at it tonight, just walk away.. tomorrow... I'll look tomorrow, maybe.
What front runner assy do you have? It looks great
Dennis

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Since you mentioned valves floating that could be a clue as to where the issue lies.
Brett....

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
While valve train is suspect......given this is a 4 speed car and "burnout" and 6300 RPM....you may have broken a spring on your clutch disc

1 - 20 of 93 Posts