Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
While valve train is suspect......given this is a 4 speed car and "burnout" and 6300 RPM....you may have broken a spring on your clutch disc
I so hope it's a trans thing, then I would just do a TKX swap

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Well you have homework to do. If you just busted a disc spring that is not a major fix other than minimally a disc swap but yeah that involves dropping the trans to see

Valve train is suspect given your note on the high RPM and "valve float" statement also.

those $5 stethoscopes from places like Harbor Freight are handy to probe for noise sources....

·
15,491 Posts
Have you pulled the valve covers yet? May be as simple as a busted valve spring

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I've done that a couple times and hit mine at 6700 o_O
I use the 6500 RPM chip on my MSD 6AL, I also have a 3500 RPM "wife chip" (just in case)

·
Registered
1968 Camaro 1975 camaro
348 Posts
I use the 6500 RPM chip on my MSD 6AL, I also have a 3500 RPM "wife chip" (just in case)
My wife can't drive a stick(I've tried teaching her but she is scared due to it wanting to burn rubber when she tries to take off)
I will put one a wife chip in the 68 though 😁

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ya think this might cause some vibration??

Fired the car up, engine sounds good and normal then I saw the fan pully wobbling so shut it down. Didn't know if maybe the pulley had cracked or what and didn't want it to come apart. Took the fan and clutch off and then the pully, The damn hub spun on the water pump shaft.. wtf???

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
well I have to say it...."chrome won't get you home" :cool:

At least it will be WAY easier to fix than valve spring or clutch

FWIW my buddy in his SC LT1 doing donuts threw his belt and same thing happened

The tensioner was stupid tight...is yours?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
well I have to say it...."chrome won't get you home" :cool:

At least it will be WAY easier to fix than valve spring or clutch

FWIW my buddy in his SC LT1 doing donuts threw his belt and same thing happened

The tensioner was stupid tight...is yours?
It's a spring loaded tensioner that came with the Concept One kit.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Anyone know of an application for a reverse rotation short BBC water pump where I could get one from a local parts house?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I'm glad that pulley didn't leave you .......when the summer comes along.🎼 🎧 🎧 :cool:

Reactions: Just 1 More

·
15,491 Posts
So you’re water pump wasn’t turning when you drove home after the incident and your temps did not skyrocket?

My 1st call would be to Concept One. Should be warranty.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So you’re water pump wasn’t turning when you drove home after the incident and your temps did not skyrocket?

My 1st call would be to Concept One. Should be warranty.
Yes, water pump was turning, just wobbling. It's over 12 months old so I know they'll fight me on that But Yes, I agree, should be warranty

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I'm glad that pulley didn't leave you .......when the summer comes along.🎼 🎧 🎧 :cool:
Led Zeppelin....

My reverse rotation pump came from CVF Racing, so I don't think it would be available at AP store. Couldn't you just go and tell them the year of your engine, then say pick "Camaro" then they should be able to pull up a water pump with a serp belt so it would be reverse rotation, right?
Brett....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Led Zeppelin....

My reverse rotation pump came from CVF Racing, so I don't think it would be available at AP store. Couldn't you just go and tell them the year of your engine, then say pick "Camaro" then they should be able to pull up a water pump with a serp belt so it would be reverse rotation, right?
Brett....
If only... mines a rev rotation also that came with my Concept One pully system. It's an Edelbrock # 8864

21 - 40 of 93 Posts