Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the after market disc brakes for a 67 does the rubber hose go directley on the caliper? The rubber hose is made that way but I thought I read in another post there should be a short metal line between the caliper and rubber hose? also i have a bracket on the frame rail looking down where the metal line connects to the rubber hose. is this ok or do i need a different bracket?

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
The short metal line is for original 67-68 disc brakes. 69 single piston has the rubber line directly to caliper. Not sure what aftermarket your running.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
just don't forget the copper washers, otherwise you'll be on here asking why it leaks so bad.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like I need to go to napa they didn't send new bolts that attaches the caliper bracket to the top of spindle looks like it's 5/8" fine thread grade 8 bolt about 1" long it wouldn't be metric would it?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
if it is a stock setup, then, yes, a 5/8" fine thread bolt about 3/4" long will do it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i noticed the brake pad on the piston side has a clip on it to hold it to the piston. they dont seem to work to good one side kind of snaps in then the other side just pops out? will this be pushing againts the rotor causing it to drag or is this normal. any input??????????? i just want this brake job done right.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
those clips are merely installation aids try putting it all together without the clips, and you will see what a time saver they are.
they won't add enough drag to affect anything- in fact, disc brakes are always "dragging" just a little bit.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.K. here's my dumb question. i hear we get one per week 2 if needed. my proportioning valve for the disc brakes were marked (with felt marker) right front on one port and left front for the other port.but the pre bent brake lines would only hook up just the opposite. my question is why would it matter. wouldn't front be front left or right. also i think they just marked them wrong because isn't the driver side front left??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts