Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my junk steering column and removed the dash panel for better access to the signal harness and I have a speed warning speedo...:thumbsup: I never noticed the white needle because it was set on 120 mph. Now, I don't think it's original to the car....:( In the pic, the white wire was just loose and there was no plug on the relay/alarm...three terminal dohicky/thingy....:eek: I can't find a plug loose back there that would plug into it, either. There are a number of cut/hacked/butchered :mad: wires in there that MAY have come from it. Anyone have a pic of the plug and wire colors ?? Would it be easy to wire the car to use this ??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you have everything you need except the harness! Pick one up from Rick's and you're up and running!!

Ed
Cool.....thanks..:thumbsup: That's certainly cheap enough to keep it. I'd still like to see what color the factory wires are to see if I have them hanging free back there....

It would sooooooo easy if GM had kept records of how these cars were originaly built....:(

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I looked in the 68 AIM on page 383 under U15. It didn't show wire colors but you may be able to see something like what's pictured under your dash. I assume it's close to the 67 one.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Hey Mitch...
Thats cool ! But most of us have a speed warning. Its common in most cars, the wife sits in the passanger seat and yells " Your going too fast ! Slow down ! " Even when i'm going 30 mph :D Mine is a 1956 model which I have had almost 34 years now :)

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mitch...
Thats cool ! But most of us have a speed warning. Its common in most cars, the wife sits in the passanger seat and yells " Your going too fast ! Slow down ! " Even when i'm going 30 mph :D Mine is a 1956 model which I have had almost 34 years now :)

Kev
:D Mine's a 61 model....the "new and improved" version.....;)
You're going too fast
Isn't your exit the next one
We're gonna be late
etc..........:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked in the 68 AIM on page 383 under U15. It didn't show wire colors but you may be able to see something like what's pictured under your dash. I assume it's close to the 67 one.
I still don't have an AIM or wiring diagram for the car.....:( Nothing to look at here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts