Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it with almost no welding. This is how. I took the 69 colum out took the part that bolts to the fire wall off and the part that bolts to the dash off. I then fliped the piece that bolts to the dash and bolted that on the 76 colum I had to open up the back two holes so it would bolt to the colum I did this so I could get an extra half inch between the colum and the box. I also unbolted the slide shaft from the colum this used to attach the colum to the box you dont need this piece. I then ground off the piece that used to attach the 76 colum to the fire wall and bolted on the one from the 69. I then ordered a universal from flaming River that was 1 inch 48 spline on one side and 3/4 by 30 spline on the other side. I then bolted everything together It fit perfect and looks great. The universal was $69.00. Its important to flip the piece that bolts to the dash because you need 1" 1/2 between the box and the colum if you dont the universal might bind. If anyone does this make sure you order the right universal my box is out of a 78 firebird but Flaming River has every combination universal e-mail me if you have any questions. The only thing I welded was the part on the colum that ataches to the trans I ground it off and tacked it in place.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What's the advantage of the 76 column? Does it have tilt and other nice options? Pics would be great.

------------------
Joseph

1969 Camaro
404 SB w/ 10.3:1 Eagle 4340 assembly in Dart Little-M block, AFR 210's, Crower #00350 short track solid cam 238/244 @ .050" on a 107 lobe center and .530" lift w/ 1.6 rockers, Holley 750 vac sec, Victor Jr., custom 1.75" headers, Spintech 2.5" exhaust with x-pipe and Sportsman XL mufflers, T-56, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch and billet flywheel, Guldstrand Mod., Landrum 600# front springs and adjustable spacers, Hotchkis 1.125" front bar, Detroit Eaton 175# rear springs, Bilstien shocks.
1971 Ford Bronco
Stock 302, 4" rock crawler suspension lift, 1.5" body lift, NP435 tranny, 4.11 gears, Detroit Locker rear diff., Power-Lock limited slip front diff., 33" BFG MudTerrain tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts