Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So it isn't a big deal but I alway wondered if this rear end was born in my Camaro. Casting date is I 198 (9/19/68), foundry control is 1 NOJ, Test mark 7690, on the front of pass axle tube is PA 0924G. I try looking it up on CRG but didn't see were the decoding page is. My 69 Camaro is a Oct 3rd week 68 build car does this match and what is the gear ratio? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
L -

Reax axle codes are actually on the "front" of our own TC. it's a 3.08 open diff.

http://www.camaros.net/years/69/

My 69 was a 10D build, and it was a PA 1030 G. I don't think it's impossible that the rear you removed was assembled 3 or 4 weeks before the car was built, but as a base ratio 10 bolt, it would seem that it wouldn't have sat around that long. No way to know for certain without the POP.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I aways wondered. When I bought it it was just a ralley sport no other markings, motor had been change, trans was changed, had disk front, tach, console gauges, SS hood and this 10 bolt. It really dosen't matter to me what it was I built it to my specs anyway. A friend of mine has a 69 SS but it had drums front brakes 12 bolt. After all these years unless it is numbers matching or build sheet there is no way to be sure was it was born as.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.