Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without any thinking, I ordered a complete standard red interior kit from Rick's. What I may have screwed up on was not thinking what all I would have to paint red.

I did a search through the archives trying to find some pics, but I couldn't. Has anyone ever seen a red interior kit over a black dash? I might paint the dash and trim around the rear window eggshell black, but haven't decided yet. I have a little while yet, but we still need to plan for any extra things I overlooked in the first place!

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Aaron - I had a red interior '69 years ago and everything was red. The carpet, the headliner the dash pad, the steering wheel, the console, you name it, it was red. The dash incert was black and that's it, even the steering colume was red. I don't know if that helps for your '68 but my guess is from the factory it was the same.

If you are not going for points judging stock you can mix in black with your red with good results...

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I owned a red on red 69 years ago. I really liked the color combo, and think it would be worth your effort to do the swap.

Nick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll get the details worked out. Dennis is right, this isn't a points car. I'm going to try the black dash, if I don't like it, it won't be that hard to wetsand and repaint, as the hard work will already be done. I'm going to try my hand at a small fiberglass console big enough for a radio and a tri guage set.

I'll post pics once I get the ball rolling.

Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts