Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read up... I thought a bunch... on installing my louvers on my new quarters. I made a nice template out of 1/16 inch delrin to help out with the install... my notes were bottom of louver parallel with rocker, centered on quarter louver indention and one person posted a left- right measurment of 3 1/8 from edge of wheel cutout to bottom edge of louver. Everything squared up nice up and down, but left and right didnt look right. My first thought was that black edge of louver should match up with lowest louver indention line in quarter. This though gave me a measurement of like 2 3/4 from the wheel well. So I assumed that that wasn't right and i scooted the louver further toward the front of the car. Ended up basically in the middle of the louver cutout with my louvers front black edge. I thought i had it right after checking it about 20 times... drilled it... it lays up there good in the center of the louver but when you push the top or bottom down flat, the other end pulls up out of the holes. The louver was bottoming out in the center. Frustrated i decided that i should have put it where i originally thought and forget about the 3 1/8 dimension so i drilled 4 more holes with the lowest part(black edge of the louver) in the lowest part of the louver indention in the quarter... it now doesn't hit in the center, but it still doesnt want to lay flat on the top or bottom. The louvers i have are a made in usa gm resto part... the quarters were repro's. I've got 8 holes now in my quarter and still haven't got my louver to fit on flush yet... where does this thing go left or right... i'm going to go at it again tommorrow... any help appreciated...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took a old pair louvers broke off the studs, drilled 1/4 inch holes from the back side then placed they on the quarters and marked through the holes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i wanted to do but didn't have an old set around and couldn't find an old set on ebay....

·
Registered
930 Posts
I took a old pair louvers broke off the studs, drilled 1/4 inch holes from the back side then placed they on the quarters and marked through the holes.
this is what i did and it worked out great. if you need an old set of actual louver templetes, i have some for sale, let me know. what brand louver did you use?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts