Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running into some issues and need to downsize. So i am going to sell my project car locally (I hope). But I do not know what kind of price to put on it. I was hoping you guys could help. It is a 67 coupe. base model. I have built a 383 and it has an auto trans. Have not finished the wiring(was completing as I went to each area). No interior to speak of except some carpet. All the glass is there (non original) but needs adjusting. I haven't been able to work on it in two years but it does run and drive (here and there)and has a clear title. It also has a four wheel disc conversion but a few kinks need ironed out here and there. I know I will probably take a hosing but I would appreciate some advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Since it is a project car, I was thinking of starting there and seeing where it leads. I am glad to see I wasn't too far off the mark from reality.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
It could be worth more than the $15k or less depending on details and condition of the metal. Does the drivetrain come with it? What rearend is under it? Need more information on the built 383 etc and transmission. Details on the brake system would be great too. Rolling bodies in good shape are going for $10k. Without details it's anywhere between $5K at $20K most likely

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be worth more than the $15k or less depending on details and condition of the metal. Does the drivetrain come with it? What rearend is under it? Need more information on the built 383 etc and transmission. Details on the brake system would be great too. Rolling bodies in good shape are going for $10k. Without details it's anywhere between $5K at $20K most likely
Good point . Stock rear end for base model. Th350 trans. The 383 I built is very mild and nothing really special. 4 wheels disc brake conversion (because the drums were shot and why not?) A lot of the details on the conversions and building was done over 6 years ago. I don't have the records of what exact parts went into it. Most of the body work is done but not the best in the world. It was a training car for me on how to do some certain things. However, all the rust is gone and the only thing I didn't do for rust repair was the inner wheelhouses. I am sure someone else could strip it down and do a better job of repair. As said before, just need to downsize. Not looking to profit.

·
16,409 Posts
There are lots of buyers for projects like this.

Not everybody want a show quality body and paint job.

Running and drivable is a plus. I'd Craigslist it for $15K OBO

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think you would be surprised at how many people are willing to purchase your car. A base model 67 is still a desirable car! A rolling chassis with no engine/trans/interior/windows can go for $10-$12K. Yours has a running motor and drivetrain. Granted your car still needs a lot of work and a lot of things. The work is expensive at a restoration shop. I would ask $18K and take the first $13-$15K with cash in hand!
It sounds like your trying to get rid of it in short order. I get that. My recommendation would be to put it on ebay or bring-a-trailer with a ton of pictures and a good description. Whatever you do, do not appear desperate to sell it to potential buyers. When they try and low ball you, tell them you have someone else that wants it if they pass. Good luck and keep your head up!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone.. i am going to do like akxtreme and Vega$69 say and list it at 15 and take the first 13-15 that comes along. I don't HAVE to sell it. just would help a lot. and i have another project later on that i can start if i need something to do.

Reactions: blm

·
Registered
110 Posts
Really! How does this help him.
Some come here turning to other members in a moment of crisis, uncertainty, solidarity and hope of resolving the problem that's before them.
Can't you make a solid suggestion to members without the extra incessant denigration piled on for good measure?
He was banned from the Chevelle site for a lengthy history of similar (and worse) conduct. Best advice is to ignore him.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sylklops75.
It appears from the info and pics you provided that your car is worth $15K all day long. Rusted out rollers sell for $8-$10K.
You have a big advantage in that yours runs and drives. That is a big plus. Another advantage is the buyer can make it what they want as a mostly stock 67 or resto mod or day 2 car.
play up any improvements you have done and if minimal rust play that up as well. Rust is the money and time bandit in restoring cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone. It would appear that there are self-important people everywhere. I appreciate all the help. I shook the dust off today and took it for a drive. I am taking it to work tomorrow as there are two people interested and a good possibility that I will get 13 for it. So, Things are looking up. I got good advice from most everyone here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a post script, I have learned a lot in the progress over the years from this site and I appreciate all the information that is available here. If anyone is curious, my next project when things get settled is a 66 chevy longbed truck that is free to me. I have to get through the next year or so before I can pick it up and start.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Local market's available cash is a factor. I think 15 in today's market is cheap or at least a good deal around here.

Reactions: syklops75 and srode

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Thank you everyone. It would appear that there are self-important people everywhere. I appreciate all the help. I shook the dust off today and took it for a drive. I am taking it to work tomorrow as there are two people interested and a good possibility that I will get 13 for it. So, Things are looking up. I got good advice from most everyone here.
There's a person looking for an abandoned project on Protouring.com and your's might be a good fit.

·
16,409 Posts
OK guys. Cleaned up the OPs thread.

If you don't have something of value to offer save your click.

The OP asked for help with determining the value of his project 67. Didn't ask for life stories or how much body and paint cost. Any posts that are not relative to his query are useless to the OP.

Stick to the topic. If you have nothing constructive to offer move on.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
OP, list that thing on SF bay area Craigslist and it will go away.
BTW good luck with the big D. Better gal around the corner.

FWIW at work I deal with atoms and protons and plasmas etc. That is my field, I do not throw it in everyone's face because they don't know my job Sauron-lighten up.

Reactions: syklops75

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK guys. Cleaned up the OPs thread.

If you don't have something of value to offer save your click.

The OP asked for help with determining the value of his project 67. Didn't ask for life stories or how much body and paint cost. Any posts that are not relative to his query are useless to the OP.

Stick to the topic. If you have nothing constructive to offer move on.

Thanks
I appreciate that. Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To anyone interested, If the people at work do not want it. I will be back asking for advice as to where to list it. Thank you All.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think you will get 15k. I wouldn't settle for much less. I realize you probably want/need to sell quickly, just act like you don't need to when talking to prospective buyers. There are many people that will pay full price if you just stick to your guns. An extra 2k from 12k-15k may really help you right now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts