Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**I've Posted Under 'Interiors' but no one responded, so I'm trying again**

Ive searched and found nothing so far that has helped me. Im trying to install power door locks on my 67 camaro. I got the window crank off no problem, but then i came to the inside door handle. I have deluxe interior, and it has the screw in the center of the handle... My question is, how the F*** do you remove it. I even have a 90 degree extension that will take any bit i put on it, but its just about a CM too long. It looks as though i can break the handle cup and get it out, which i have no problem with, except how do i install it with a new cup in place? Any tips in this matter would be greatly apreciated. Thanks A lot!!!

·
10,164 Posts
At one time I thought about drilling a little hole in the panel right in line with the screw. I thought I'd put a color matching painted plug in the hole after.

So far, I've managed to get away with using a 90 degree allen wrench. It's been a long time since I've taken one off but isn't it an allen, not a phillips? You need small hands to do it.
David

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Have you tried using one of your short phillips bits, sticking it in the screw, and using a small 1/4" or so wrench to turn the bit?

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.