Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a school project and I need to interview someone to complete it.

You will just need to answer a few of my questions about camaros. And bear with me, I don't know much

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright... what do you think makes a camaro most unique from any other car?

Is it a difficult resortation... like finding parts and stuff.

Where can I get good training, any automotive type training

·
Registered
748 Posts
To answer part two of question two, finding (nos) parts for these cars any more are slim to none but there some available. Most of the parts you get now are reproduced and you can find just about any part you need.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Answer to question three. Do a search on the net for some automotive tech schools in your area. Most of your better schools will have night classes you can take so it does'nt interfere with your daily work schedule. Also some schools have individual classes where you can just learn a specific subject, like engine rebuilding or brakes , transmissions, etc etc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and if you dont mind me asking (for source info only) What do you do for work and your full name.....i know we're online so last inital should be fine

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
1) the camaro, as with any vehicle, is made unique by its body style
and appearance.

2)if one is looking to restore to original showroom condition, yes, the restoration can be difficult as nos(new old stock) or gm parts are becoming more and more difficult to find.

2)to rebuild using reproduction parts, one can build three camaros for the same cost as to build one mopar.

2)all shop/service manuals are available.

3) start with auto shop classes in high school.
look for a part time job with an auto mechanic or body shop. you may start by sweeping the floor/taking out the garbage but if you have the aptitude for auto mechanics, you will be able to work up to bigger and better responsibilities around the shop.

·
Registered
748 Posts
My name is Russ S. I drive an 18 wheel chemical bulk tanker , for the most part making 93 percent sulfuric acid deliveries to various locations. This info should be in my profile all you had to do is clisk on the user name:thumbsup:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Don't forget - most of us are old farts and grew up driving camaros in high school...probably a little bit of nostalgia here.
Nice ride Craig , I remember driving mine in high school , those were the days. As far as the old fart thing goes , speak for yourself I'm only......Well...... ok I'm an old fart:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JOHNNYSALAMI if you dont mind me asking (for source info only) What do you do for work and your full name.....i know we're online so last inital should be fine

·
Registered
601 Posts
well heres some info for you first the body was made by fischer than body was transported to gm where it went to be put together. onto the frames with the motor and trans and rear end than car was done there it went through line than front end of car put on a special fixture was in place of hood and all body lines in the fenders and front put on finally hood went in place. than inside put together with the options people wanted inside. thats part 1. i cut it down some typing forever lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts