Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a sata jet digital 2000 gun and i need some help setting it up. I am planning to shoot some nason sonic blue. the gun has a 1.4 needle and tip. I was thinking 15psi on the gauge and then setting the pattern. anyone got any pointers?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Did you get the info on the sata, I use that gun too. Thats the tip I used for clear...isin't too much for color?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i sprayed a car today. the color went on fine but hte clear has alot of orange peel to it. gonna be alot of work to cut and buff it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A 1.4 for the color is a bit on the heavy side, but should not be a problem if the gun is adjusted correctly. A 1.4 is great for the clear. A good start is to bottom out the needle (as if to shut off the paint entirely), then back it out about 1 1/2 to 2 turns. If you have a guage at the gun, about 20 to 25 lbs will give you about what you are looking for at the nozzel. As to the orange peel, don't hold the gun too close to the surface.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was way off. it is digital and i set it at 15psi on the gauge which is about 10 at the cap. I am not sure how far i had the need set out but it is more then 1.5 turns. thanks for the tips!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts