Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all new springs on my Big Block car and it is setting a little to high for me, how can I lower it 1 - 1.5"?
The rears are new Multileafs, and the fronts are new BB springs.

Note,
I have added a 1" lowering block to the rear, but don't like useing the blocks, seems a little unstable to me.
Mark

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
The easiest way, is to install Hotchkis lowering springs in the front and rear. The cheapest way is to keep your lowering blocks in the rear and cut your front springs. I would not worry about 1" blocks being unstable, unless you have some el cheapo blocks. 4 wheel drive trucks use 4" blocks, below the spring to get a 4" lift, all the time ! They don't recommend using more than about 1 1/2 " lowering blocks on our Camaro's though.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
If everything is tight and you don't have any Viberation from pinion angle change (as lowering the car can change the angle from the centerline of your car or running gear and you could end up with excessive working angle ,do it IMO ,but the more you raise the rear into the car thats where your pinion angle will be off from your working angle of your slip yoke on the Trans. and U joints have to be within +_ 1.5 deg of each other ...For me going off memory is not good ,but I think I got it correct...been there done it all with Pinion slip yoke working Angles ...Happy motoring

·
19,752 Posts
On the coils you could cut 1/2 a coil off which should be about 1-1.5" drop...May want to let it settle a while first ?

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
You probley can ,will it effect handling I don't know ,my Hotchkis rears are higher than I like,I have a 1,000 miles on them but I don't want to drop the rear with 1 in blocks but just might try it (just remember may change pinion angle )Happy Motoring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts