Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the archives. No luck yet. Can anyone post a link with the answer? Here goes,,
69 Camaro. One owner. Stock wheel wells. What DOT slick and light front tire/wheel combo to harness (sorta) a fresh L88 w/4500 stall (fresh) and 4:10 posi. I'm receptive to any ideas that don't involve chopping-up the car. The set would be for weekends at the strip only. Details are on my web site, including our very first burnout last week.
Thanks. And believe me, I've been searching.;) (oh, computer guesses 700 HP, but it feels like it could be more.:p

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
we run bfg drag radials on the nova...dont know if you can get a set to fit, but whatta great tire...

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Ditto on the BFG drag radials. I have a 68 GTO 4 speed 3:73 with a 468 big block (#matching engine tucked away). Spun like CRAZY thru 3 gears, put on the drag radials and they hook great, much better than I expected. Plus you can drive it on the street, long as it's not wet.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks men. Wet's not a factor. I haven't driven my Camaro in the rain, on purpose, since 1974.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts