Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a stainless steel exhaust system for a 68 250 6 cyl? Are they worth the extra $? Anyone have experience with putting them on and the quality of them?

·
Registered
287 Posts
You will probably need to have it fabricated at a muffler shop. Have you thought about an aluminized system instead.

Steve R.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I thought I had read about a SS system but looking through all the catalogs I have all I see is aluminized systems (and I don't see them available for 6 cyl). What's the difference between SS and aluminized?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Stainless steel is alloy steel that doesn't (or supposed not to) rust or degrade like regular mild steel, cold and at temperature. Aluminized steel is generally mild steel with a tad of aluminum in it for corrosion resistance improvement and possibly a real thin surface coating of aluminum on it to also help out. Anybody got a more detailed explanation then this, please by all means jump in because I might be way off base on this. pdq67

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would go to a good muffler shop and have them make you a system. They can use aluminized tubing, which seems to have an aluminium coating. My Camaro has it. I bought the car over 4 years ago with the exhuast on it and it still looks like new.

Steve R.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any shop can do the stainless, but its bucks. I'd use aluminized. And i'd spend the extra bread on having my manifold JetHot coated. ( Cast color)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts