Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good change from 15 inch rally's. I want a new look so help me with new wheels and tire sizes please...

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,785 Posts
Haven't seen too many with Weld Rodlites.Kindda look like a slot knock off.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the money to spend. I had some rally's with trim rings and put some knock off in the center for fun, just looking for something to draw alittle more attention to the 69.

·
Registered
580 Posts
We went with 17-in Boyd's on our 67 coupe. Check out the link in my signature for a photo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Depends upon the 'look' that you're going for. Seems that lots-o-folks are doing the pro-touring look these days (17/18 inch rims and tons of choices). I decided on the 'classic' look and went with Cragar s/s, 14x7 front and 14x8 rear with Goodrich T/As.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I found a guy on Ebay who sells alot of American Racing Torq Thrust polished aluminum rims, I emailed him and he is giving me a DEAL, $950 shipped to me door for two 17"x8" (4.75" backspace) and two 17"x9.5" (5.5" custom backspacing), both 5x4.75 pattern. I haven't bought from him yet but he has a high rating on Ebay
His email address is : [email protected]

I'll be getting tires from Tirerack
Front: 235/45 Fuzion ZRi (Ultra High Performance Summer) $96/each
Rear: 275/40 Fuzion ZRi (Ultra High Performance Summer) $111/each
*Kumho priced the same, 40AA less treadwear though (320 vs 280)

So about $1,425 out the door for rims and tires, plus probably another 80 for mount/balance.

Here is a car with them on

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, you'll be putting 17X8 (4.75 BS) up front and 17X9.5 (5.5 BS) in the rear. Will this fit a stock suspension or will modifications be required?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
according to CHEVY HP
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/92318/index1.html
Front - 17 inch wheel, 5.00 backspace, 8.5in width, 245/40 tire
Rear - 17 inch wheel, 5.50 backspace, 9.5in width, 275/40 tire

So I am going just slightly smaller up front, 8" is wide enough for me. These will fit on a 69, to prevent any chance of rubbing you might need to roll the rear fender lips or hammer them in slightly to support a 275/40 tire, this is why some go 255/50 instead. I had Mickey Thompson Indy Profile H50-15 on the car when I bought it, which are 295/50-15 with just a bit of rubbing so I know a 275/40 will fit in my case. Remember this is a 1969 which has more room for the rear tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
by the way mine are 20x8.5 with a 5.25 backsapce, no rubbing or fender lip rolling , cutting . and the fronts are 18x8 with a 4.75 . i would recomend that you go with a 5.00 backspace if your car has factory disc brakes . the drum and disc spindles are different about a 1/4 " . the disc will put the wheel out that much more than a drum spindle . i used drum spindles . the raer is very close , but no rubbing . i think you way be able to go a little widder , but there isa very big chance of getting some rubbing .

alot of this depends onhow low you want your car . mine sits over the tires . the tires do not stick out at all .

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
RobR,

How much did you have to raise your rear up or did you go with new springs that haven't settled yet?

I ask b/c I raised mine up to put my old L/60-14's on the back and it looked just about like yours does now.. They measure 298/53-14" so are by no stretch a 60 tire at all... BIG donuts!!!

pdq67

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Someone here locally is selling a set of torque thrust II's but they are 17X8's with 4.5" backspacing. (all four) I have hotchkis leaf springs (1.5" drop) with front disc and rear drum.. Does anyone see a problem with the fit??

Thanks in advance.. Joe..

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is the BEST combination of stance and rim size I have seen so far! Could you share the tire sizes and if you would change anything about them if you could do it agian. Thanx for your time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts