Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 British Green M.O.
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 cid Mo British Green. Owned it for 29 yrs. The paint job is 25 yrs. old. No rust. Best time was 12.97 @ 107 mph iin 1/4 mile. Chris & Dianna Rottner Look at License Plate. Last pic is at Crower Cams with Jerry.

·
Registered
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 British Green M.O.
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you keep it in good condition for so long?
I do all the detailing on that car , no one else touches it not even the hubby. and I do wash it once a years to dry you have to wash it the right way , then use a new mirco towels and dry it as good as you can. Then bring out the old compressor nd with a light setting of air dry all the nits an d inside any thing you can get a cloth in. open all doors spray all around the inside and outside of windows, then when its dry, take it for a fast little ride. That's where the work begins, first. Clay car. (use that new one mother's came out with) I tried it and it works good. . then 2.) ploish it with a liquid Meguels Polish. 3. Wash it with the car, do not go in circles, go back and forth like the car. Do a small piece of car at a time waxing it with a paste wax.
Use a lot of clean micro soft towels. 50 if you have to, if you drop towel get a new one.
That's why this car looks so good, the car was painted in a garage by a friend 25 years ago. And I do this all by hand. no machines. Thats where stratches come from. Cover it with a soft cotton sheet ot comforter, then your car cover. I read on the newest polishes and waxes all the time, and all the new one really aren't any good and the waterless wash throw away , your just putting dirt back into the paint. Remember , the best detailer is these chinese guy on you tube and and reading. The old companies are the best that come out with new stuff. Not thid stuff like butter wax , etc. Good Luck and thanks . Dianna & Chris Rottner

·
16,103 Posts
Due to lack of interest in ROTM is has been discontinued as of now

·
16,103 Posts
See anybody can still reply.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Yup.

·
Premium Member