Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been searching the forum but have not had much luck identifying these trim rings. Mine are getting a little beat up and was hoping to replace 1 or 2 of them.

My wheels are (FW coded) 15x7 steel ralleys. These rings are approx 2" deep from the bottom of the upper lip - see pictures. I know deeper rings will work but I like the look and want to match what is already there.

Click the thumbnails for a larger view.....

thanks dave

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These kinda look like GM replacements but I'm not really sure. If so, would there be a part number and where?

Maybe GM# 14075773 (78-88 Monte Carlo Trim Ring) ?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Dave , That is a early issue GM Trim ring and They are still available from GM, part # 9796696. I am sitting here with 1 in my hands, they are identical except the serrations are silver instead of black. Expensive though. Hope this helps. Mike.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

GM PART # 9796696
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $260.49
OUR PRICE: $159.86

DESCRIPTION: RING ASM

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Mike,

One thing though. After a few quick searches - it seems the rings that part number 9796696 identifies are 2 3/4" deep. My trim rings are 2" deep. I may not be measuring correctly. Check the picture in the first post. I measured from the workbench to the bottom of the outer lip and got 2".

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike,

One thing though. After a few quick searches - it seems the rings that part number 9796696 identifies are 2 3/4" deep. My trim rings are 2" deep. I may not be measuring correctly. Check the picture in the first post. I measured from the workbench to the bottom of the outer lip and got 2".

Regards,
Dave
Dave I measured mine the same way as in your photo, and to double check I just did them again they are 2" as well. Unless GM changed the current rings, which I doubt, you are good to go. Mike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you again Mike. I'll go with the 9796696 that you identified.

It is really great to have this forum.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts