Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing the badly damaged quarter panels on my 67. I've read that the GM NOS quarters are the only way to go, but how can I be sure I'm getting actual NOS panels and not the $400 reproductions I see in the catalogs. Especially if I buy them online? Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe the NOS quarters had a telephone-shaped design on the door-jamb part of the quarter. Don't think the repos have it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another thing you might want to ask the seller if your buying online is ask the seller if the part number sticker is still attached to the inside of the panel, also by the weight of the panel. NOS will weigh more than a repo, but not by much. If they say the sticker is still attached, ask for the part number's and run them just to make sure they aren't giving you some bogus numbers. This may not help you much, just though i would try to help you out. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
There's been some very good feedback recently about the Goodmark repro items. The quality seems to have improved.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The telephone shape quarter was an early production thing, I would think that any NOS panel would be of the late style quarter. I installed quarter skins on my 67 and they turned out pretty good, without looking in the trunk you would never know.

------------------
69 rallye green X77 Z/28,1967 SS 396 Conv. 1974 c-10 454 swb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.