Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an idiot. My tach was reading too high ( twice the RPM's )so I pulled it out, Bought one of those Actron meters that reads RPM. Had everything hooked up to match up and adjust the tach. While trying to adjust I slipped with the screwdriver and knocked the needle loose off of the tach center spindle. It's still hooked on but floats around. Even while adjusting I could not get it even close to right so I think something else is wrong. Does anyone know who rebuild tachs. This is a Tick Toc tach from a 68. I have the clock out and the tach free from the instrument cluster.

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rich

Prior to this post I googled "tach repair" and ran across their site. They looked good but did not want to send the tach to anyone without some recommendations. If you were satisfied I will try them.

Thanks
Ray

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I've heard alot of good things about this shop. Some of our Camaro club members use him.

Dicks Speed O Tach Inc 4325 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014 Phone: (602) 279-5793

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Dicks did my tach in my 68 rs daily driver, 70,000 miles later, tach still works, and the quartz movement they installed in the clock keeps perfect time.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It's been 6 years, but I think 125 cucumbers for the clock conversion,parts, and the same in labor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.