Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 91' camaro rs 3.1L...My problem is when I am slowing down at a intersection my engine rpm's flare up to about 1500-2500 about three times and if it doesnt stall it drops to 500-600 and stays there...I just replaced the idle air control valve since my local mechanic said that was the problem..Wrong..Still does the same thing..Before I go and start blowing any more money I thought it would be a good idea to get a little help..The car has a hypertech thermomaster chip and a powerstat..Also I just gave it a fresh tune up..Plugs,wires,cap,rotor,and adj. the timing....I would appreciate any help.. By the way anyone like to buy a nice Alpine Stereo...Custom built for a 91'

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you checked to see if there are any trouble codes stored in ECM's memory?

------------------
Robert Yates for President!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...The engine light never came on but I still checked for the codes anyway...It gave me only code 12..It started acting funny when I took it out of storage...The firt thing that went wrong was the coolent temp sensor, easy fix..Then came the idle problem.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Was the battery disconnected at all? I realize you didn't get any trouble codes but the battery should still be disconnected when replacing sensors so the computer can reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts