Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 Z28 is surges like crazy when it's idling, but i've noticed something new. Now it surges just a little at cruising speeds. Here's the kicker: It only does it when the engine warms up a little. Oh, and there is no Check Engine light on, or any other warning light for that matter. Please help me, could it be water in the distributer? Could it be bad plug wires? Could i be any more angry?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oxygen sensor more than likely. Not very expensive, but a puzzling trouble. You can have it checked or just change it for less than $50 most of the time. My 92 had the same problem and that was the cure. Good luck!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
If it has a surge,plug wires or dist,id rule out If its a miss at idle or a buck or jerk feeling at cruise or a load type condition going up mild grade,Then suspect ignition system.Look under the hood after dark. ive seen some of newer cars put on a fireworks show with bad plug wires,dont cost a thing to try that.If its a surge,check all vacume lines.If nothing obvious,take it to a good garage for a full fuel & and EEC check. Dont do like i have before,spend $200.00 guessing and still had to take it to a garage.

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed
55 Belair Sedan Pro Street 355 auto 9''

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would have to agree with gene, don't dump hundred of $$ just guessing, take it to a dealer, as for O2 sensors, they usually do not cause a surge, however , fuel pressure will, you might check the regulator. once again, get it to a dealer even if it is just for diagnosis. good luck

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts