Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Camaro the ignition fuse keeps blowing. I have a new fuel pump a new ignition switch new starter. I disabled the coil packs and the ignition control module by unplugging the three connectors I get continuity through them but I still blew a ignition fuse. When I turn the key to the accessory position the fuse is okay it's only when it's in the Run position that it blows and it doesn't even have to try to crank the motor soon as it hits the Run position I've tried everything I know I've measured the resistance of the crankshaft position sensor I got 943 . I appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
I would start looking for a pinched wire somewhere. Have you recently had the engine and trans separated and maybe caught the harness in between on reassembly?

Jeff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jeff, it's been two years since I've had the motor out and I've not had to do any replacing of parts during that two years up until the time I parked it it's been running great. When I pulled in the driveway I shut it off I got out went in the house for 2 hours when I came back out to leave it wouldn't start. I have no problems at all when the key is in the accessory position. It's only when I turn it to the on possession. So like you I agree that it's a wire at least I'm almost positive it is. But I've done nothing different than every day driving. That's when I decided to turn to you guys and see if someone else could think of a problem. The one thing I did do was looking for a wire that wasn't pinched but may be melted in 2 from maybe say laying on a manifold. anyting and I couldn't find anything in those wire looms that would give me a problem I had continuity. some of them I could even test for voltage. The only wires I haven't been able to check are under the car. I can see some of them but not all of them. We've had a whole lot of rain and the car is sitting on grass and when I try to jack it up with my ******* ways I can hear the board cracking and being pushed into the dirt, so hopefully we dry out soon and I can get it up in the air

·
Registered
Wylie, TX - Lee
221 Posts
Disconnect the battery then measure the ohms from the ignition wire to ground at the ignition switch, then start pulling fuses until you find the one that causes the resistance to increase by a significant amount. That will at least help you determine which circuit is at fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts