Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 82 camaro z28 which just developed starting problem. car wont start by key but will start by jumping between terminals on starter solinoid. can u help with this problem is it possible ignition key?
or neutral safety switch where do i find the neutral safety switch and how do you take out the ignition switch as i have no manuals for the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your neutral switch is located on the steering column near the fire wall. You will have to take off the steering wheel to get to the ignition key.

[This message has been edited by funone (edited 07-24-2000).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there a neutral switch under the console by the shifter funone?
if not whats that under there?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mean_RS, It is possible that your ignition switch is bad and it is located on the steering column, down under the dash. If your key turns all the way to the start position, the ignition switch may be the problem.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes their should be a neutral switch on the column. You do have an automatic car right. The switch is real close to the end of the column or might be in the middle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.