Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am getting ready to Load my Dash Wiring Harness into my 69 after all the Repairs and thought I would hook the Ignition Switch part of the Harness and make sure everything is in “good Conductive order”, My Steering Column is out of the car too.

Well, my Ignition switch in the Run would sometimes show Conductive and not, rotate the Key to the Start position and it would cut out, get that to work and let go of the Key, Open again.

Well, I figured I would be driving up to Ground Up tomorrow for a new switch and had nothing to loose, I would “Open up” the Ignition Switch and see what I can do. I turned it over and out came 4 little Copper Bars, 10 springs, a roller and 3 little steel balls, like OMG !

So I took everything and cleaned it up, The Copper Bars and Slide Connectors inside the Switch were Crappy and Corroded.

Cleaned with some Scotchbrite and put a little Dielectric Grease, the Black Slide carrier up and brought the Switch Body down on top, pinched it together, put the 3 Steel balls on top with the Plate and crimped it back together.

Works Perfect.

Timmy

Attachments

·
14,290 Posts
Good job.

Been there done that. Not with the switch but many other parts like the dimmer switch.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah always fun and rewarding when the part works when you reassemble it. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts