Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not get the ignition switch out of my 67. I have the bezel loose but it won't clear the center part where the key goes in.
Is there a trick I dont know?
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
407 Posts
Splam, I was having a devil of a time with mine and found a great post on here I want to pass on. As you know, you need to remove the key cylinder first. To remove the key cylinder, you need to insert a rod into the little hole in the cylinder. I have found that a heavy duty paper clip straightened works great. Insert the paper clip in the hole and turn the cylinder with the key in place. Here is where I got stuck. The cylinder wouldn't turn all the way to release out of the retainer. I learned that if you pull the paper clip back out of the hole just a bit, it should turn all the way and pull out. I tried it and boom, out it came. I would still be battling this. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
505 Posts
One point on Denver's comment...first turn the ignition to the "ACC" position. This position is made by turning the key to the LEFT. Then insert the paperclip or samll alan wrench. If you don't have a key you're f*&^ed...Just kidding, but it would be tough without the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts