Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '79 Camaro w/ a 350 that was bored 30 over. It has been changed from a carburated to Tune Port Injection. I am not sure what my timing should be at. Does anyone know what it should be? Does anyone know how I could figure this out, or someone I can go (i.e. web address) to get information?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Usually there is a sticker on the radiator support. Usually says something about emmissions, but also has the idle RPM and timing set points. If I'm not mistaken, it's probably 6 degrees BTDC with the vac advance plugged. Then there's Chiltons or any other decent repair manual.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If I remember right TPI's are set at 0.You need to disconnect the set timing wire.It doesn't have a vacuum advance.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. That makes sense about no vac, since it is a TPI and not carburated. I'll give setting it to 0 a try.

Please, if anybody else has a comment or suggestion feel free.

·
Registered
233 Posts
ronnie
The instruction I got from my wire harness builder says:
BASE TIMING - set BT prior to any other adjustment. Disconnect the EST BYPASS plug, start engine and set base timing 0 to 4 degrees BTDC. Turn off engine & reconnect plug. Do NOT reconnect plug with engine running. Hope this helps some.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
68 Camaro
72 El Camino
TPI350/700r4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts