Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a member here back in the early 2000s when I first built my car up from a primer gray shell. After 20 years of owning my car it barely has 3000 miles 🤦🏾‍♂️.
Now that I have the time and resources I plan on upgrading to a roadster shop spec chassis next year. I’m going to have a lot of good parts for sale probably around May 22. Baer track 4 front brakes and SS4 rear brakes, hotchkis upper and lower control arms, coil springs, front sway bar, shocks, rear leaf springs and tie rods. Also a 12 bolt posi with 3.42 gears and a summit differential cover. I’ll post pics of my setup when the time comes. I’d rather sell them here to people that truly appreciate their cars.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400
499 Posts
I’ve been looking for a 12 bolt … and 3:42 is about the ratio I’d like.
Corona California, John’s Manville had a plant there when I worked for them. Long gone now.
Maybe we could work some kind of deal when the time comes.
Roadster Shop, Wow that’s premium gear !
Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
496 Posts
I would be interested in control arms and possibly the front brakes. Its my plan to take the front end down over the winter as my next project. Welcome back to the group.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The brakes have less than 150 miles on them right now and the control arms are in great shape. I hope we can work something out when the time comes.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
931 Posts
Can I ask why the change? Are you planning on tracking the car? The SPEC chassis looks to be a great piece.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I built the car when I was 24 and had just started a new career so I was limited on my budget. Now that I’m older and closer to retirement I want something that will make driving it more enjoyable. After I do the chassis I’ll take out my 383/700r4 setup and do an LS3/6l80 swap. I have no plans to track it but wouldn’t mind having that as an option.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your cars are beautiful 👍🏽. Yes you’re right about the money. I have a ton wrapped up in this already over the years. But like my dad told me when I was younger “All the money you’re ever going to make in your life is already spent you just haven’t done it yet.” I figure he’s right and I might as well enjoy it while I’m here. Plus my upgrades are paid for with overtime and my family and I already live well within our means.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. When my business restores a car for a client, before we do a plan, I have them drive a few of my cars to see the difference in suspension, power and accessories and that helps them make a decision on their car. First they are surprised that they usually pick the more stock set up and therefore save a good amount of money. I have never lost money on a car that I have personally owned, more than 3 dozen in the 40 years I have been doing this, it goes against my business mind, as the restoration business was not my day job for many years. Rather than spend too much money on one car, I have spread it out to a current 8. . . . . .just an old retired guy talking, back to the shop to work on a C6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts