Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Camaro and its a automatic, well what my problem is i drove the car about 20 miles and got to where i was going and cut it off. Well a hour later when iI got back in to leave it wouldn't start , it wouldn't even turn over and the alarm was going off. And normaly when you put the key in and turn it on the alarm wont go off. Well i thought the battery was dead so i got some one to give me a jump but it still wouldn't turn over.And i noticed the battery gage had a 13 amp charge when the cables were hooked up but only had a 5 to 8 charge when the cables were not hooked up. But even with the cables hooked up it still wouldn't turn over, the door locks wouldn't work,and the alarm wouldn't turn off. any help ..

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro branon!!!! Sounds like maybe the car lost its program for the security system?? Or the pass key system needs to be programed?? Are you sure about the battery and its connections at the terminal ends, alot of times the corrode real bad there..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea we pulled the battery cables off and cleaned them. But a friend said that it could be a dead cell in the battery. But I thought that with the jumper cables hooked up that it should have turned over, but he said that with a dead cell that ,the bad cell would pull the power that the cables would be sending so . But when we put the jumper cables on it was reading a little over 13 amps but when we took them off it goes back down to between 4 to 8 or well its in the red so . Im going to put a new battery in and go from their, but thanks for the info. let me know if that even sounds right, Thanks..

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Thats a start...let us know...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
sounds like a bad ground/- terminal problem

i had a similar problem, and i took the battery connectors off, and put them back on, and everything worked correctly

i always keep a size 8 wrench in my car, just incase that ever happens again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts