Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I'm new and I hope to use this site to help me build my dream car. A '68 convertible camaro. I have not restored a car before so this is my first one. I have a son who brought me into this hobby by purchasing a 68 convertible camaro and allowed me to drive it. I fell in love with the car and had to have one myself. So I bought one last August. The car is in need of repair. I hope to do most of the work myself along with my son. I have lots of questions and hope to make this project my dream car come true. I am truely amazed by the work the members have done to their cars in this site. I hope to tap into the wealth of information you all have. My first task is to replace the passengers floor pans. I have no welding experience so this will be my first attempt. I'll post pictures of my needed repair to the floor pans. I need your advice to selecting what tool to use to cut out the rust of the rear passengers pans.
P.S. Please excuse me if I make some mistakes in posting to this site and please correct me if I do something wrong.

Here is a photo of my Sons and My Car

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Arizona
took me a looooong time to do my Camaro
its a resto-driver..it get used almost every week
and not afraid to put some miles on her...300 in one day
few weeks ago....Lots of knowledge to be found on all Teams websites
Check them all out...........We like lots of pictures :yes: both cars!
Jay and Bj

69 droptop
http://photobucket,com/photobucketcomJayBj

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome ot the TC Crew, Bill.

Looks like the best of brands/model and colour. :thumbsup: Take your time... choose your battles, and enjoy. Remember it's the journey not the end result that you're supposed to enjoy. I think it's great to have a companion (your son) to help out.

Good luck on your restore.

capt

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro.No experience no tools I hate to say this but you could spend up to $20,000 on tools depending on how much you do your self,It is to late now but it probably would have done you good to have found one that was better.I don't mean to be harsh but just stating the facts.I guess your in for thr the long hall now.Happy Restoring good luck...

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Greetings and welcome from another member who used this site to help with my 1st restoration. The info and knowledge here are invaluable. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Bill.

You can pick an internet site to post/upload your pictures, then select View by public, then copy/paste the url address here in between img brackets.

or post the address they are loaded as an url address or link.

Glad to see you have the correct year.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!! Nice rides!!

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Welcome. Good to see another Denver fella here. I'm up/down the street from you in DTC. This is hands down the best Camaro website. Guys are friendly and willing to help all they can. Nice choice on the car...:yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts