Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Camero RS, V6 MPFI. After being parked for several months I got in to start it up. It turned over well but would not start. I checked the fuel pressure bleeder valve on top of the engine and no fuel would come out. I know it was getting low on fuel so I put 5 Gal in the tank and it still wasn't getting fuel to the engine. There is supposed to be an in line fuse for the fuel pump, but I can't find it. It's not located in the fuse box. Also my fuel gage is pegged on the full mark whether the switch is on or off. There is also a fuel pump relay. That's ok also. Anyone know where this fuse might be located. All manuals show it has one.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Look for an inertia switch. Most cars that I'm familiar with have one located in the trunk area on the left or right behind the lining. It's purpose is to prevent the fuel pump from operating after a crash. There should be a large red button on it that you simply push in to reset it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
have someone turn your ignition on, while you listen to the gas tank, you should hear your fuel pump kick on, if it doesnt it could be the fuse of the pump. i dont know if a fuse would just blow cause the car hadnt been started for a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts