Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there used the HOLLEY 255 LPH OE STYLE EFI FUEL TANK MODULE with there sniper TB? I just ordered it and wanted to hear some feed back from this forum.

I will be installing in my 69 Camaro with stock tank and running a 454 HO GMPP engine.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hopefully someone will have some information for you, but I have been researching this type of pump for awhile and haven't found anything yet. I've even checked Holley's web site to see if anyone has had any problems with it. I would like to put this in my 69Z/28 and install the Edelbrock ProFlo4. Good luck and let us all know how it works out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I looked around the net and couldn't find much in the way of reviews on them. I am thinking of ordering the same setup for my 68 Z in a couple of weeks. Seems to me the only downfall might be the lack of baffles in a stock tank which doesn't concern me much because I tend to keep mine almost full.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi,

I bought the Holley "fuel pump on a stick" from Summit Racing almost a year ago and installed it into the stock tank on my '68 convt. with a LS1 conversion. I've had 0 problems with it. Installlation was fast and easy. I would buy it again with no problem.

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
I have a hyperfuel in a tanks for my el camino. Have not fired it up yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hopefully someone will have some information for you, but I have been researching this type of pump for awhile and haven't found anything yet. I've even checked Holley's web site to see if anyone has had any problems with it. I would like to put this in my 69Z/28 and install the Edelbrock ProFlo4. Good luck and let us all know how it works out.
I thought Edelbrock sold a fuel pump for the ProFlo4 that doesn't need to be inside the tank....

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
I thought Edelbrock sold a fuel pump for the ProFlo4 that doesn't need to be inside the tank....
External fuel pumps can be noisy and are subject to overheating.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
I had an original pro flow. It indeed had a fuel pump that mounted to the frame. The old Holley pro jection, was the same way. I just bought a Fitech, it has 3 options, in tank, #1 option, their canister with your stock pump # 2 option, and frame mounted that they say will work, but they recommend in tank. Tech said it was the most reliable, and safest.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am running the Holley sniper with the Holley OE style fuel pump on a stick with stock style tank and no return line. This is in my 67 rs with a 460hp 383 stroker. Ran this setup all last summer around 3k miles no issues at all runs great. I have run the tank well below 1/4 several times had no issues at all with fuel pickup. I will say the pump is a little louder than I expected being in the tank. But not like the external pumps I have heard other than that I have had no issues so far.

Chris

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
rs67 thats good to know. I hope it keeps working well. It seems like an easier solution than swapping the tank. I'm interested because I have a stainless Tank and would like to keep it. Thanks and Good Luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
rs67 thats good to know. I hope it keeps working well. It seems like an easier solution than swapping the tank. I'm interested because I have a stainless Tank and would like to keep it. Thanks and Good Luck

I have the stainless tank also and it was very easy to install. Just take out the old sending unit and install the new fuel pump sending unit combo in its place. Here is a nice video from Holley showing how to install it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks. That makes it look pretty easy too install. Hopefully I'll get too it when the snow melts. Efi would really make it a nicer car to drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have run the car now with the Sniper and the fuel pump on a stick and so far its been very good no issues at all. Engine is a 454 HO with Tremec 5 speed and the sniper really woke up this engine. Its does things I never thought it could with regard to throttle response and just plain seat of the pants feel. Car starts first hit of the key and idles just as its supposed to. So far very happy with is setup.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
814 Posts
I have run the car now with the Sniper and the fuel pump on a stick and so far its been very good no issues at all. Engine is a 454 HO with Tremec 5 speed and the sniper really woke up this engine. Its does things I never thought it could with regard to throttle response and just plain seat of the pants feel. Car starts first hit of the key and idles just as its supposed to. So far very happy with is setup.
Mike... Did you increase the size of the fuel supply line running forward from the tank to the Sniper? Also where did you run the line in the engine bay and do you bother with a fuel pressure gauge like many of us do before we split off for a Holley double pumper. Thats a pretty neat setup guess it doesn't need a return line?

Interested bc I'm also running a 454/461.-Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts