Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm stocking up on parts for a Spring intake swap and I have a question on the intake gasket set I need. I'll be using an Edelbrock Performer with the stock heads on my '68 327. I did a search here and alot of people use the Felpro 1205 gasket set. According to Summitt the specs are:

Chevrolet: 262-400, 1.28 in. x 2.09 in. port, intake gasket set

I also saw another set: Fel Pro 1256

Chevrolet: 262-400, 1.23 in. x 1.99 in. port, intake gasket set

My questions are:

-Which set do I need????? Or is there another that would work better - I don't mind paying more if there's a better set...

-Do I need to do anything else to the exhaust crossover on the head so that the gasket doesn't blow out? (it will be blocked on the intake and it is blocked on both gasket sets)

Also, Edelbrock sells gaskets for thier intakes and do not recommend end seals but RTV silicone instead. However, both FelPro gasket sets come with end seals..so...do I use them or not???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
That will be an easy swap.Spend the money and get the better gaskets.Take the end pieces and throw them away.Run a small bead of silicone around the water ports on the head,gasket,and intake it doesnt take much silicone you just want it to seal betterYou will not have to do anything to the other ports.When you run youe bead of silicone for the ends run a 1/4 bead all the way across and onto the head about a 1/4 inch.You should have no trouble.Remember to mark your rotor button before pulling dist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts