Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running an 87 TPI 305 in my 69 Camaro.
I just finished rebuilding the orig. 300 hp
350. I want to run the tune port on it, will I need to go up in injector size?? I am also running the stage 2 Jet chip. The fuel pump is the GM pump recomended in Painless Wiring book ,38-45 psi I think. I really don't want to buy bigger tubes yet if I don't have to.
Any suggestions ??

I am also looking for a set of 15" rally wheels and a set of 373 gears for a 12 bolt
Thanks.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
I think you'll be fine with the stock injectors. You MAY have to bump the fuel pressure a couple of pounds which would require an adjustable regulator if you don't have one.

It would be nice to have some kind of an a/f meter. I believe Edelbrock and others sell them. You'd know right where you were, whether lean or rich and could adjust your fuel pressure accordingly. Another option is to get the car on a chassis dyno and try a couple of different fuel pressure/timing combos. You'd know immediately what was the best. They usually only cost $75 or so for a couple or three runs.

Bottom line, you should be fine with the current combo on a mild small block. As (if) you continue to add power, the a/f meter, etc. become more important.

Jody

1 - 2 of 2 Posts