Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me info on how to build up my inline 6 250c.i. i would like to get it to around 300hp.

any websites or links would be great. Thanks:hurray:

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Try the Clifford research people. If you really want to get serious, take two sbc heads and cut them in half, have them welded up to make a 6 cly head, then add 6 v8 hi dome pistons and then you can fly . http://www.cliffordperformance.net/

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
250 with a 194 head and v8 pistons.healthy cam with BBC rockers and springs.We played with one like this and let me tell you...a v8 killer.What a great project.I love this engine.Congrats...dare to be different.:hurray:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I saw a post a few days ago where they now make an inline 4-banger called a DRC-IV, based on DRC2 technology, 4.900 bore spacing that's on DRCE spacing and uses a single head made for a V-8. Huge bore, long stroke, I'm sure it'll make massive torque for only having 4 cylinders. Line up next to the fart pipe crew on a 4-cylinder only race night, show 'em what American ingenuity can do.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Heck, I figure the '63, 1/2 a GTO 389, 4-banger will beat a ricer if it's hopped up right.

It's 194.5" if I remember right... B9ig 4-banger way back then....

pdq67

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys i just ordered Leo Santucci 6-banger book. So we will see what i kind of HP and Torque i can get out of this 250. Cross your fingers cuz i'm shootin for 300hp.

Thanks again:beers:

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I still remember a 6-banger at the drags in the late 60's that was a screamer. The exhaust note was higher pitched but it sure did run.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
You will need to get that cylinder head to flow around 200 cfm intake at max cam lift to make 50 HP per hole on motor . . . . not sure what they flow stock -- would be cool to see you hit your goal :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts