Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. When mounting the inner fenders on a 1969 RS/Z28 I know there are two fenderwell cup washers for each fender. I've checked the assembly manual but it doesn't show which holes get the washers. If anyone can help me with this problem it would be great. Thanks........

·
Registered
598 Posts
On my 67's, the cup washers go in the two highest holes in the center of the wheelhouses which are about a 15" apart and connect the wheelhouse to the inner edge of the fenders. And these same holes are about 10" above the A-arm cutout where the rubber A-arm skirts are stapled. The three lower holes toward the trailing edge of the wheelhouse connect to the support bracket with bolts that have tapered threads and the large washers that stay on the bolts.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
It's the same on the 69. Good luck! I replaced all the hardware when I did mine and also used anti-seize.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried what you guys suggested but the problem is that the highest holes you mentioned are 3/8" tapered bolts and the cup washers are 5/16" holes. I don't know if they make cup washers with a 3/8" hole as I don't think this would be correct. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Those holes on the inner fender take 5/16" bolts with the cup washers. The only 3/8" bolts are the firewall fender mount bolts and hood hinge bolts. The holes are large to allow adjustment. Did you take 3/8" out?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes,I did take out these two top bolts to make sure of the size and they are 3/8".I guess the wrong J-Clips and Bolts were used when restoring. Could I do this as a straight change without messing anything up. Thanks again........

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Like its already been posted, those 2 cups go into the holes that are in the top of the fender. The bolts that attach them are used alot in the front end. They have 'RBW' in the head and are a 5/16 pointed end bolt, 1/2 in. flanged head, and are approx. 15/16 in long.

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts