Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to line up my goals/plan of attack my 68 project, and am at the wheel selection stage (I like to make all my decisions/choices before I undertake a project this size, it saves time/money down the road). I plan on going with a white paint job and perhaps some black or blue accent striping and was looking at the following wheels(17's) to go on the car.

Opinions/ideas/suggestions for a white 68 camaro appreciated.

I was looking at the following styles, I can get these in a set w/tires for around/under 1k from victoria tire co.

EURO MAX 612 BLACK

SPECIALS TYFUN TW020

INCUBUS VALERA BLACK

AVENUE A7

KATANA C-5 BLACK

KATANA DESTINY HYPER - Hyper Black Finish

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I like the Katana C-5...what color is your car gonna be? that would help cause the black may be a little dull on a black car...know what I mean?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Other than the Euro wheel, the others just don't strike me like 68 camaro (or even any classic chevy) wheels. More import tuner, honda, mazda stuff.
Here are some suggestions, of some wheels you might not be looking at:
American Racing Torq Lite, CL205, Torq Thrust D.
Billet Specialites Street Smart Line
Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dogg and Smoothie II.
Foose Nitrous II, or Nitrous black/grey.

All polished wheels or chrome wheels just don't stand out on a white car, I'd suggest a gray, or black wheel to help with curb appeal.

Good luck, when it boils down to it, get what you like.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I am going with white for the color of my camaro. I have the med blue interior, and I thought it would look good with a white paint job.
I think any of the black wheels would look cool with a white paint job...and it WOULD be different than eveyone else so that would actually appeal to me!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I like the Euromax 612 black and the katana C-5 Black.
Boyd coddington Smoothie, Smoothie2, and Junk yard dog work on ANY First gen Camaro in my opinion. The torque thrust 2's look good but I have even seen them on a newer crown vi,c not cool (everyone has them).

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the TT2's are out of the question. There may not be many around here, however on the net almost every other 1st gen has them so....

I posted the various types up becauee they are all basicly 5 star types, and honestly they didnt look importish to me, but oh well good feed back.

The last wheel "KATANA DESTINY HYPER - Hyper Black Finish" is not the correct pic sadly, this wheel is supposed to be the hyper black finish. Which is basicly like blackened chrone imo. They looked really good on my charcoal ram 1500 truck in 20's, and thought they may not look to bad on a camaro

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
The first rim too!!!

BUT

IMHO --- IMHO --- IMHO!!!!

Please look into Verda's, Pony-car "Bullitt" Chevy bolt-pattern knock-off's!!

The gray and black centered ones are absolutely way COOL to me!!

Ford did them PERFECT when they retro'd the old "black/dark gray" centered E-T's for the Bullitt Mustang!!!!!

Wish Chevy would do the same thing w/ a rim....................................

pdq67

PS., and my car has been converted and now the gray centered Pony-car "Bullitt's" are on it!! I didn't know about Verda before I converted is all!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts