Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm now working to install the rear side panels in a '67 Firebird. I have the panels and the arm rest that extends out a couple inches. The rear seat is about 48" wide to fit this setup.

There are two tabs in the sidewall that secure the arm rest box assembly. Do I slot the side panel to slide over these tabs? How does one determine where to cut these slots?

Once this is installed what fills the gap on either side of the seat back, since the seat back will not extend to the sidewall?

In a few minutes I'll add a picture or two.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this evening at our local cruise in I found my answer in a nice ‘67 Camaro. There seems one more trim piece is needed.

Sorry for the cockeyed picture. I deliberately took it vertically and Team Camaro insists to turn it sideways. :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would probably use a piece of cardboard cut out to the same pattern as the panel and use it to figure out exactly where to cut yours. Might be a safe bet to install the arm rests just to make sure the tabs are exactly where they need to be before you cut your panels.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow !! Those filler panels are expensive. Seems only Heartbeat City has them listed.
Website says back ordered. You would think they would be molded to fit around the
chrome trim. I hope your sail panels look better than the warped one in your photo.
I see these at Heartbeat City and yes they are pricey. :surprise: https://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/store/search.asp
I'm thankful this car's sail panels look better than the one pictured above.

I would probably use a piece of cardboard cut out to the same pattern as the panel and use it to figure out exactly where to cut yours. Might be a safe bet to install the arm rests just to make sure the tabs are exactly where they need to be before you cut your panels.[/QUOTE

That's a good idea on the cardboard template, I'll do that. The panel will effectively space out where the arm rests mount so fitting them prior to side panel install might not be ideal.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
My 69 with a fold down seat has different door panels then the one in your pic. I have deluxe interior and I think in your picture might be base. My door panel doesn't extend all the way down like it does with out the arm rest, it stops just below the arm rest. there is a piece of vinyl glued to the sheet metal that covers what the metal of the arm rest doesn't. I don't think my chrome trim goes under the upper portion of the armrest panel like your picture either.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
19,498 Posts
I see these at Heartbeat City and yes they are pricey. :surprise: https://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/store/search.asp
I'm thankful this car's sail panels look better than the one pictured above.

I would probably use a piece of cardboard cut out to the same pattern as the panel and use it to figure out exactly where to cut yours. Might be a safe bet to install the arm rests just to make sure the tabs are exactly where they need to be before you cut your panels.
That's a good idea on the cardboard template, I'll do that. The panel will effectively space out where the arm rests mount so fitting them prior to side panel install might not be ideal.
Evidently they don't make reproduction filler panels. Here is some from Camaro Central. They are pricey but what you need.

https://www.firebirdcentral.com/1967_1969_Firebird_Rear_Seat_Side_Upper_Fillers_p/int-207.htm

That top trim piece doesn't go all the way under the filler panel. You may need 67 Camaro DELUXE interior top trim.

Here is a few pictures of the quarter panel assembly.

Roger

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evidently they don't make reproduction filler panels. Here is some from Camaro Central. They are pricey but what you need.

https://www.firebirdcentral.com/1967_1969_Firebird_Rear_Seat_Side_Upper_Fillers_p/int-207.htm

That top trim piece doesn't go all the way under the filler panel. You may need 67 Camaro DELUXE interior top trim.

Here is a few pictures of the quarter panel assembly.

Roger
Thank you for the information and the photos. This is very helpful.

Thank you. At the moment the eBay option seems the best option.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts