Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
New in this forum.
I am from Sweden and has bought a 67 Camaro imported from US in 2011.
It did arrive with the interior in boxes and the first Swedish owner didn't mount the interior that arrived in boxes. It's a DeLuxe interior (Parchment/Black).
Is there anyone who can help me with what I have to order to be able to mount these panel (clips, screws etc)?
I need help with both the panels on the door and the panels below the backseat windows.
I can post pictures if its needed... Did manage to post a picture :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice to see another white interior!

The quarter panels are held in by the stainless trim up top and the pinch molding on the side. The front door panels, if like the standard interior, have clips that fit into the upper half of the door panel and screws along the bottom. The stainless trim up top also helps keep the panel in place.

Do you have the stainless trim? The clips, screws, etc are available via eBay, Firewheel, NPD, Classic, etc and other supporting vendors. The trim should be as well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
busterswt said:
Do you have the stainless trim?
Thx for your reply.
I am missing the one on left door but I have order it from Classic Industries. Have to take a closer look and see if can find some clips.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx parkbrau,
Very useful link. I have never seen a Camaro with a installed DeLuxe interior.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been in the garage unpacking the boxes with the new doorpanels. I did find a new screw kit for the bottom of the door panels. There is a steel plate on the door that will install behind the door opening mechanism (on the inside) which i did also find so as far as I can understand I am only missing the clips.

Can this be the correct ones to order?
http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro/parts/interior-soft-goods/door-panel-components/?q=k13173&y=1967&p=1&sb=0

And as I can understand the clips needs these plugs as well?
http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro/parts/interior-soft-goods/door-panel-components/?q=kw311&y=1967&p=1&sb=0

As I wrote earlier I have ordered the stainless trim up top for the left door.
And the new interior parts I did get with the car is only the panels for the front doors, sorry if I have unclear on this point. The rest of the interior is what seems to have been in the car since it was new. As you can see in the pic earlier in this thread the interior installed is made of fiberboard :confused:

My last question this time ;)
On the front door panels there are 2 holes located on the bottom of the armrest. One in the middle and the other at the back end. They are visible in the link below.
http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro/parts/k62707.html

Anyone who knows what should be installed in these holes?

Rgds/Elmer

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts
Elmer welcome to the site. Below is a link I post when I installed my door panels. I was restoring my panels with some aluminum patch panels but you wont need those. The holes you are asking about take some large sheet metal screws. They go up in the panel at a angle and hold the center of the door panel. I have a picture of those screws in the link below.

Roger

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182692&highlight=67+deluxe+door+panel

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rogerh,
Thx for a very useful link. Those pics was exactly what I needed to see.
Rgds/Elmer

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts
rogerh,
Thx for a very useful link. Those pics was exactly what I needed to see.
Rgds/Elmer
Happy to help, that is the big reason we are here. Be sure to post some pics of your project when you have time.

Roger

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Hi,
New in this forum.
I am from Sweden and has bought a 67 Camaro imported from US in 2011.
It did arrive with the interior in boxes and the first Swedish owner didn't mount the interior that arrived in boxes. It's a DeLuxe interior (Parchment/Black).
Is there anyone who can help me with what I have to order to be able to mount these panel (clips, screws etc)?
I need help with both the panels on the door and the panels below the backseat windows.
I can post pictures if its needed... Did manage to post a picture :)

Hi Elmer,
I'm very interested in seeing pics of your interior. I also have Parchment interior in my 67 and had all sorts of trouble re upholstering and fitting my rear door rests. Wish I'd seen Rogers thread before hand. I'm curious to see if your front door trims color match the rest of the parchment trim. I replaced my rears but when I received my new front ones the color was way off. I live in Australia and had to order from the US and was told only one manufacturer made these and the color was what it was. I now have to decide if I should have the new ones painted or leave the originals
(which have a few cracks and scuffs).

These are the old trims

PS My mum is Danish and Ive been to Sweden. Nice country.
:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Elmer,
I'm very interested in seeing pics of your interior.
I have a link to my homepage in the signature where you can see some pictures. I will add a picture on the front door panels beside the original rear door rests.

Will update this thread as soon as I have the picture in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts