Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you line up and install the screws on the bottom of the front door panels on the 69 standard interior? They're new panels and I don't want to rip the material so much that the screw doesn't cover it up, also I want to make sure that I get the holes lined up perfect so I get it done the correct way.

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
You could use the old panel as a template, or put the scrwes in the door and press the new panel over the screwheads enough to make a dimple on the underside of the panel, then use a punch and carefully poke the holes from the back side through the finished side making sure that you don't tear the vinyl material, then check for fit, and drill...Hope this helps Good Luck Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
Try installing the screws in the door from the inside so that the point of the screw is pointing outward. You then can install the door panel line it up and push on top of the screw so you have a mark on the back of the door panel perfect location and spacing.

[This message has been edited by Dan Trafford (edited 07-27-2002).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, nice to get the right way from people who've done it before. I gotta wait to get the car back from the guy droppin the motor in, but atleast I know how to get those panels installed, the previous ones where destroyed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts