Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mike norcal 68

I have a few Pictures of my new Stainless Steel 3/8” fuel line installed and what I did to reroute the line away from the Header on the Right Side for my 69 SSRS Camaro.

I had installed the New line and Clip to the Inside of the Frame Rail where it came from the Outside of the Subframe, went under between the Floor pan and up the Inside.

Then from changing everything for my 427 Big Block upgrade, moving the Engine to the Right ½” did not help with the Fuel line clearance.

I decided to try and Straighten the Line – I bought a nice Multi Tubing bender which had the “shoe” for the 3/8” Tube.
I figured if I bent or just ruined the Line, I would be cutting it off and Splicing a new piece in anyway.

I was able to do it with just a tiny Ding/ Dent in the line which I feel for my application, will not have any effect on fuel flow. My 427 Dynoed in at 434 HP.

I also decided to do a little measuring, the ID of the Tube is like .290” and the OD is .370” so the only “real” 3/8” is the Rubber Flex Fuel line.
Not including the Fuel Pump adapters and Needle/ Seat Diameter Too.

I also bought some 3/8” Black Insulation Heat Sleeve that I will slide down over the tube for extra protection.

Glad to help and take any other Pictures.
Timmy from Trumbull, CT

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for the extra pictures. What did you do with your brake lines? I installed my lines first so I have the fuel line going over the brakes. Should it be the other way around?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Okay, much better. I moved the brake line over and tried to get the line as snug to the frame as possible.

I have to compare where my fuel line ends to where yours ends.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Even with a small block if you use Doug's 368's there isn't very much clearance. I did the same thing. I just cut the line under the car where it comes up over the subframe and made a new line running up on top of the subframe to the fuel pump. Works great.!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I want to run an AN fitted braided stainless steel hose to the fuel pump. Is this the correct adapter fitting? Do I have to cut the flared end of the line?

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the extra pictures. What did you do with your brake lines? I installed my lines first so I have the fuel line going over the brakes. Should it be the other way around?
Hi Mike
Rebent them Over the Top of the Fuel line.

Timmy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Even with a small block if you use Doug's 368's there isn't very much clearance. I did the same thing. I just cut the line under the car where it comes up over the subframe and made a new line running up on top of the subframe to the fuel pump. Works great.!
Thanks for reminding Fred, been trying to find a "round toit" , just have found it yet. Still looking. This is a good idea. Probably one of the biggest causes of vapor lock issues.
And I run D368's .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts